Rotary and IMPACT in Partnership
Thanks to the generous support of Rotarians and others, the Lifeline Express hospital train in India remains on the rail tracks, taking medical care and surgery to remote rural communities where every day, impoverished people become disabled for lack of treatment.
The Lifeline Express’ old coaches were well-used and becoming unsafe to operate so Rotary Clubs in Great Britain and Ireland stepped in to help us renovate and equip five brand new coaches which had been donated by the Indian Ministry of Railways and saved this special service.
We are truly grateful to Clubs and Districts which have not only supported the Lifeline Express but so many of our other projects including the ‘Jibon Tari’ floating hospital in Bangladesh; establishing school bakeries to feed hungry children in The Philippines; providing safe water in Africa and Nepal; equipping health workers with Optyse© ophthalmoscopes in Cambodia, Kenya, India and The Philippines; providing a mobile clinic and restoring children’s sight in India; providing essential medical equipment for operating theatres in many countries; and in countless other ways.
Find out more about Rotary at the following link www.rotarygbi.org
Your partnership remains urgently needed
Together we can take action today to prevent disability tomorrow for some of the world’s poorest men, women and children.
How you and your Club can help
- Raise money to purchase medical equipment, fund operations to restore sight, movement or hearing or help us prevent disability
- Join together with other Clubs in your District to sponsor a whole project to ‘take the hospital to the people’
- Spread the word about our work by giving talks to other Clubs in your area
- The skills of surgeons in certain specialisms and other medical professionals are often needed should appropriately experienced Rotarians be willing to volunteer their time for short sabbaticals overseas
- Get in touch with your ideas – we would love to hear from you (01444 457080 or email@example.com)